Monday, July 18, 2011

Night and Day or Night and Day?


I never really have Sinatra phases. I just always love listening to him. Night and Day and One For My Baby are probably my favorite two songs, but there are honestly countless Frank songs that I love and I own probably 90% of what he has recorded.

He is so big in fact that while I attended college I felt it necessary to take a course that was dedicated completely to the collective works of Sinatra. To this day I do not believe there is, has been or will be a greater celebrity. He literally conquered all mediums of his day and as you can see has even conquered the internet after his death. Like The Babe he is a Legend and "Legends never die."

Like I said, Night and Day is one of my favorites, but which version? I know my favorite version is from A Swinging Affair, but what do you think? Would you rather hear the beat beat beat of the tum tum tum? While you listen to both and cast your decision I would read the article by clicking the link below. He is a Legend for a reason and this is just the latest article proving that fact.

Cast Your Votes Here.

Cheers!

Lessons in Loyalty. Read me!




2 comments:

  1. I prefer the second one.

    I've always wanted to be a Sinatra guy and never have gotten to it. Can you recommend a crash course?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Albums:
    Nice And Easy
    A Swingin' Affair
    The Very Good Years

    Movies:
    Manchurian Candidate
    From Here to Eternity - Won Oscar - Rebooted his career
    The Man With the Golden Arm - Early Anti-Drug Film
    High Society - Amazing Duet With Bing Crosby

    All of this stuff is great, but you have to give it a little time to resonate and it will give you a definite reason to be romantic as Sinatra is a Panty Dropper and all chicks love it event if they don't know they do. haha, that was so amazingly sexist...there goes the female constituents. I personally like the later years. His voice is a little different and a lot more powerful and confident, after all by that time he was The Chairman of the Board.

    ReplyDelete