Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Gillian Welch and Dave Rawlings Machine





Hola Hombres!
I have enjoyed listening to the mashup lately. There is some great stuff we have on here and it make me glad to be a part of it.

I recently posted something by the Ting Tings and stated that I haven't been listening to much music and haven't felt inspired by any in forever. That was true until a few weeks ago while I was in FL for a meeting and a guy I was working with turned me on to Gillian Welch. At first I couldn't place it, but I knew that I knew her and couldn't for the life of me remember where. Naturally I turned to the world wide interweb and realized that she is a badass Grammy Award winner for none other than one of my favorite soundtracks, Oh, Brother Where Art Thou.

INSPIRATION!

I know you guys don't like folk and bluegrass as much as I do, but her catalog of music is outstanding. Most of her Singer Songwriter stuff is a beautiful downer. They should sell the albums with a rocking chair and a porch.

Listening and researching Gillian lead me to her music partner Dave Rawlings who has a band called Dave Rawlings Machine. Here is a bluegrass cover of To Be Young.

Cheers Mates,
Clint.

1 comment:

  1. So, I don't really care for bluegrass. It's not that I think it's bad music - it just doesn't do it for me.

    But, I really like this Gillian Welch song. I also loved her on the O' Brother, Where Art Thou soundtrack. Great voice and her phrasing is perfect. The lead guitar is awesome, too.

    As for the Ryan Adams cover... ...well, let's not talk about that.

    ReplyDelete