Wednesday, February 15, 2012

9 for '11

So, it's been awhile. Thanks to Brett for getting the flow going again.

It only took me 1.5 months to post a "my favorite of 2011" list. At this rate, you'll see my "best of the 90's" list in 2020

Without further ado, and in no particular order:

1. Bright Eyes - The People's Key

Welcome back from your odd solo acts and bizarro bands, Conor Oberst


2. Stephen Malkmus and the Jicks - Mirror Traffic

Thanks for giving me some new material to replace Slanted and Enchanted in my playlists, Steve

3. Raphael Saadiq - Stone Rollin'

Thank you for going 1 for 3 on solo artists, Tone Toni Tony

4. Fleet Foxes - Helplessness Blues

Thank you for making me want to grow a ZZ Top beard and move to a cabin in the woods, Fleet Foxes

5. Bon Iver - Bon Iver

Thank you for also making me want to grow a ZZ Top beard and move to a cabin in the woods, Justin Vernon

6. The Rapture - In the Grace of Your Love

Thank you for making me dance at work (and by dance, I mean bop my legs up and down beneath my desk and bob my head up and down until someone walks into my office), The Rapture

7. Wild Flag - Wild Flag

Thank you for being the best all-girl band since Heart, Wild Flag

8. Beirut - The Rip Tide

Thank you for making me promise a promise that I will never keep (that I will listen to more multi-national music, play a tiny guitar, and sing in a weird voice), Beirut

9. Cults - Cults

Thank you for making the best fucking album of the year , Cults.




No comments:

Post a Comment