Monday, February 20, 2012

My Best of 2011

It's good to be writing about this stuff again.

All in all 2011 felt like a down year for me.  Releases that I was pining for didn't quite do what I thought they would and in many cases I was pretty disappointed.  Luckily 2011 offered many things that were not on my radar that helped me out.

I love year end lists so heres the best I can do for you.

My Top 8 (So I can feel a bit more exclusive than CK)

1. Girls, Father, Son, Holy Ghost

2. Ty Segall, Goodbye Bread

3. Kurt Vile, Smoke Ring for My Halo

4. Unknown Mortal Orchestra, Unknown Mortal Orchestra

5. Yuck, Yuck

6. Oneohtrix Point Never, Replica

7. The Antlers, Burst Apart

8. Pains of Being Pure at Heart, Belong

I really wanted to like Bon Iver's album but I didn't and St. Vincents album just felt a little flat.

Anyways, excited about 2012, new Sleigh Bells comes out tomorrow yay.

No comments:

Post a Comment