Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Sherry by Franki Valli and The Four Seasons

So here it is. The Four Seasons being from Jersey and all, I can barely get away from these guys. It is kind of like Sinatra. Regardless, I love both Sinatra and The Four Seasons for very obvious reasons (They've got organ pipes for lungs that could blow the roof off of any domicile or enclosed structure for that matter), but the reason that I chose this song for my post this week is because Franki Valli and The Four Seasons have been appearing in my life on a frequent and random basis lately. I guess seeing Jersey Boys on Broadway doesn't really constitute as random, but I didn't pick the musical. It was totally awesome. Especially the scene when we got to be back stage at one of their concerts. The second reason is because I spent last weekend on The Jersey Shore in Wildwoods (That is what the sign says, but everyone calls it Wildwood. New Jersey is a strange place, but what a fantastic weekend) and on the boardwalk playing about every third song was a Four Seasons track and this being probably my favorite of their catalogue I chose it. I hope you don't mind turning the clock to 1962 when it was first released on September 15 as their first number one hit on the Billboard Hot 100. It feels like yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment