Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Apple Of My Eye



The first time I listened to this song I was DJing at KTCU in Fort Worth and my special guest of the night was my best friend CK down visiting from Mizzou. We brought in some cold beers and Jack Daniels and got drunk while broadcasting over the air to the surrounding Fort Worth area. It was one of the best memories of my life. We said and did things I probably should have been fired for, but no one was the wiser. Somewhere I have a recording of that show. It is sitting there collecting dust and looking for a moment to reappear in time to embarrass us unexpectedly. I rarely laugh as hard as I did that night.

From that night until now Apple Of My Eye occasionally returns to regular play on my iPod or stereo and collects some new meaning for that moment in time. The last few weeks I have been working extremely hard on producing an event in New York and my girlfriend (one of our five dedicated readers) volunteered her and her friend's time to helping me execute this monumental (in my life) event. So the evolution of this song has maintained its old meaning to me, but also collected new experiences.

Just in case you don't know you are the Apple Of My Eye.

Off topic: Does the cat in the video represent something or does Ed just really love bald cats?

Cheers and happy hunting for your apple.

Clint.

2 comments:

  1. What a great song!

    And what a great memory! I can't believe you let me on the air. We were out of line, for sure. Although, the sessions did produce such gems as "I don't find anything impressive about Buddha - how hard can it be to sit around all day wearing a sheet and thinking? If I had no worries except trying to treat all living things in a peaceful manner, I'd be a pretty profound sonofabitch too."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, I think the sighting of a shaved cat is too troubling for me to concentrate on what it means.

    ReplyDelete