Thursday, September 15, 2011

Classy rock

So, I'm finally going digital with my music collection. After countless hours of loading CDs on to iTunes, I realized, "there is so much music I haven't listened to in so long that is so good. At some point over the last 20 years - I'm not sure when (although I imagine it was probably at the intersection of Napster and college) - I think I stopped listening to the old favorites and started endlessly searching for new things. Not just new things, but wannabe-hipster things I secretly hoped nobody had heard of (I blame SPIN).

I still love and see vast importance in finding new things to listen to, and still get a little smug when I find some obscure band I can act nonchalant about being the only one to have heard...

...but I hope I don't ever forget how equally important it is to make sure I remember to make time to listen to the greatest electric guitarist of all time.


No comments:

Post a Comment