Thursday, September 1, 2011

Maroon 5 - Moves Like Jagger


YUP! I did it and I don't care what anyone thinks. I like...nay I love this song and I can't stop humming it...whistling it and I definitely can't stop attempting to move like Jagger.

Thing is I don't love this band. Not really my vein. I don't own any of their music aside from this one. What I wanted to talk about was the very fact that every bit of major or memorable travel I have done since 2004 is punctuated with a Maroon 5 song. The last summer of my college career they hit it big...or it was the first time I had heard them and I got to hear them over and over and over and over and over, one more, and over while traveling Europe. The song at that time was This Love. It drove me out of my mind. I couldn't go in to an Italian eatery without hearing this mess. It was so over played I almost went totally nuts. Had I not been abroad I probably wouldn't have minded the song so much.

This year the travel was not quite so extravagant, but memorable because I was with Jenn in SC and FL luckily avoiding Irene and like my summer of 2004 Maroon 5 had our and everybody else's ear this summer with Moves Like Jagger.

So whether you like Maroon 5 or not there is something to like here even if it is only a happy whistler to help pass the time while you are doing the dishes or cleaning your place.

Happy whistling.
Clint.

No comments:

Post a Comment